The good news is that I'm almost done talking about my wedding (which I can only imagine is getting old). The bad news is that yes, I will be sharing a plethora of photos from the wedding in the future. Apologies in advance, my friends. We are at the 1.5 week mark! Today I wanted to share some resources and ways in which I've prepared not only for my wedding, but more importantly for my marriage in the last 9 months. I know this topic won't interest many, but also know there are a few others out there with engagement rings on their fingers who may appreciate it!
001. Married In Milwaukee. This website was a HUGE help in terms of doing initial research for venues and vendors. I almost don't even want to know how many hours I spent looking through the site to find what I needed! Bonus: They run events around Milwaukee to get you acquainted with venues/vendors.
002. Etsy. There are so many reasons to love Etsy in general, but let me just tell you what a lifesaver it's been throughout my entire planning process. When you can't find something anywhere else, you'll find it on Etsy. When you can't afford anything you want, you can afford it on Etsy. You get the picture. From custom stamps to bridal accessories to venue decor, this thing has carried me home.
003. Pre Marital Counseling. Tim and I took a pre-marital seminar through our church, Grace Ev. Lutheran, and absolutely loved it. More important than any wedding detail is our future marriage. We are so glad we took the steps to ensure that we are going into this lifelong commitment with clear heads and a knowledge of what God's intention for marriage is.
004. Nike Training Club App. This FREE app has been sent from above as it's kept me on track fitness-wise throughout the last 9 months. I've done 4-5 workouts per week, with about 3 of them coming from this app per week (taking runs for other workouts). Many of the workouts are only 30 minutes long and the quality is incredible. I used to train with Tim, who was a personal trainer for two years, and can surely say this is the best and safest alternative to taking classes or training with an instructor.
005. Google Drive. This may seem like a weird thing to include, but using Google Drive to host a variety of documents has been awesome for Tim and I. Both of us can update documents at any time, and they are saved in real time for the other to see. This is a must-do if you and your fiance need to both continually update something, such as a guest list, without having to exchange the same document back and fourth in emails.
These are just a few things I've appreciated in preparing for our marriage and wedding, but even beyond these, prayer, family, friends, and love have carried me through this process. Planning a wedding is an absolute beast of a task, but knowing the result is so much more than a one-day party is absolutely golden in my eyes. I can't wait to marry this guy and start our forever together!